Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 customer service

1tzTJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 29 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I called o2 to try to understand something and when I call it's picked up immediately which is great I thought, then he asks me about my issue and then puts me in a queue, I end the call because I thought that was strange as he didn't explain why. I then call back and what seems to be the same guy picks up and without me even explaining the issue says he'll put me through to customer services and to stay on the line.

is this normal???

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10410 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3053 Solutions

@1tzTJ 

CLI identifying your number and prompting the agent to put you through straight to customer services. Dell and Lenovo do this for Enterprise Customers, and you get put straight through as it cuts the line off. 

Also they may be using like Dell do a call screening system to route calls, especially when they are updating an IVR

And as long as you call 202 then no issues with this approach

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10410 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3053 Solutions

@1tzTJ 

CLI identifying your number and prompting the agent to put you through straight to customer services. Dell and Lenovo do this for Enterprise Customers, and you get put straight through as it cuts the line off. 

Also they may be using like Dell do a call screening system to route calls, especially when they are updating an IVR

And as long as you call 202 then no issues with this approach

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 10

1tzTJ
  • 29 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I called the other number as I haven't yet put my new sim into my phone so I cannot call 202, I just got off the phone with o2 and they told me it's to do with different departments

Message 3 of 10

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23385 Posts
  • 1032 Topics
  • 3725 Solutions

@1tzTJ O2 customer service has been going from bad to worse of late. This is a customer community, and there are a few knowledgeable people. If your question isn't account related, ask here. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 10

1tzTJ
  • 29 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was just asking if I needed to actually put the o2 sim in my new phone for the number port to work.

Message 5 of 10

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37103 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1685 Solutions

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  explains the process more clearly than O2 CS seem to do, @1tzTJ - see if it helps?

Message 6 of 10

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23385 Posts
  • 1032 Topics
  • 3725 Solutions

@1tzTJ Follow the guide above provided by @pgn, but keep in mind that O2 doesn't port numbers on the weekend, so yours probably won't happen until early next week if you're trying today for the first time.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145938 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions

@1tzTJ wrote:

I was just asking if I needed to actually put the o2 sim in my new phone for the number port to work.

No you don't @1tzTJ 

As per your other post, have you had confirmation from O2 yet?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 10

1tzTJ
  • 29 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had confirmation yes, I just mainly wanted to call to make sure my porting through the app went through correctly as I didn't have to put in the o2 number that I wanted changed, but thinking maybe that since it's through the app it does it automatically without me having to?

idk what else it'd change lmao 

Message 9 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145938 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions

@1tzTJ 

That's good. Just wait for your old network sim to lose signal on the date O2 have given you,, then swap to the O2 sim.

You may not get a signal immediately so keep rebooting your phone every 30 mins until you do.

It usually takes a couple of hours but O2 say it can take up to 24 hours in some cases.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 10 of 10