Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are all my sims?

JamieA
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have transferred 4 sims from Virgin to O2 - I can only see 1 sim when I log into the My O2 portal, and I can't see any billing or anything else on the other numbers. This is causing significant problems - 2 of the sims sre used by family members who will be travelling abroad tomorrow, and I can't see any usage details.

I am so far unimpressed by O2. I called O2 directly a couple of weeks ago relating to this and was told it would all be sorted out - nothing has happened. The CS team seems very quick to reassure me that the problem will be resolved, but not so good at assuring that the problem is resolved.

If this isn't fixed tomorrow, I will have to look at porting away I think, as it just seems like Virgin customers are second-class citizens on O2 judging by my experience thus far.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

All SIMs have probably been transferred to their own MyO2 accounts, as there are other changes in O2 in progress that made them disable adding more products into a single account - for now.

Does anything in here help you, @JamieAhttps://community.o2.co.uk/t5/New-to-O2/Virgin-Mobile-to-O2-All-you-need-to-know/m-p/1607022/highlig...

1000004191.png

For the back-end changes in flight for this year, see here if interested: 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-System-Updates-360/m-p/1598402/highlight/true#M39424

Not a great experience for those coming from VM or those who have been with O2 throughout, sadly.

Message 2 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

This is the new advice from Virgin on the VM Community

madasaf1sh_0-1688930712497.png

Now sounds like accounts with multiple numbers are not guaranteed to move at the same time.... 

I will add if you have any numbers linked to Volt, porting away will cause Virgin to reappraise your current contract

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 7

pgn
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Thanks, @madasaf1sh - we all know how many phones actually don't read the number off the SIM into the appropriate space in the phone info settings, so this is all going swimmingly 🤣

Guide: How do I find my own mobile number? 

Message 4 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

We have a term for it in a lot of projects I am involved in but i can only share the first word "cluster" 😂😂 @pgn 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

We have a term for it in a lot of projects I am involved in but i can only share the first word "cluster" 😂😂 @pgn 

😂😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

pgn
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Yeah, a right flustercluck, if you'll pardon the extra L 😎😂

Message 7 of 7