Did you mean: 

Promo tariff not applied and issues with app

alfioscuderi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello O2 Community,

I am writing to seek urgent assistance regarding an issue I am facing with my recent SIM card activation.

Last week, I ordered a new SIM card with the promise of receiving 30GB for £10 if activated by January 31st. The SIM card arrived yesterday, and I promptly followed the instructions provided by the phone advisor, texting MORE to 2424.

However, despite following the recommended steps, my account yesterday reflected a Pay As You Go plan with only 10GB, which is not in line with the agreed-upon offer. This discrepancy is both frustrating and concerning, as it appears to be misleading and could be perceived as a scam.

Today all the information about my tariff disappeared from the app as well and O2 on socials won't reply + the customer service over the phone (after 30 mins wait) said they can't do anything.

What am I supposed to even do???

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23254 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3698 Solutions

@alfioscuderi Nothing anyone here can do to help. It seems to be luck of the draw when you call customer service these days. You just have to persevere with them and hope you get someone who knows what they're doing. Cold comfort I'm sure, but there's little else to tell you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27886 Solutions

@alfioscuderi 

There's no need for new customers to text for the offer. It is added automatically after about 5 days.

More data, same price. Ends 31 January. 

Get more data for up to 3 consecutive months on the £10, £15, £20 and £30 Big Bundles, then reverts to standard data allowance. Offer will be applied automatically for all first-time customers of Big Bundle.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 3