Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Problems Virgin to O2

PaulK999
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently was moved by Virgin to O2. I have received a new SIM and got a PAC code from Virgin. I rang O2 customer support on Friday 17th March and was told that I would receive texts on the following Tuesday (21st) to advise on progress. No texts received, no progress, porting not completed.

I rang support again and after waiting 40 minutes spoke to a helpful lady who said that she would put it all through again, I gave her the PAC code and was told to expect text updates on Thursday 23rd and the porting would be complete by 6pm. I followed instructions and restarted phone, but still not completed!

This is getting very tiresome, having been on hold for 40 minutes and still waiting for support to pick up my call I am now turning to the forum in the hope that someone can assist me.

I would be grateful if a support person at O2 would intervene, at the moment I am so fed up I am thinking about looking elsewhere.... 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

PaulK999
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update, I finally got through to Bianca on support who advised that there is an issue with the porting and she cannot say when it will be resolved. She has promised to call when she knows it has been fixed, but why is the first I have been told of the problems? hmmmm

Message 2 of 10

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6800 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

I'll tag one of our advisors. Look out for a message

@O2Emma can you help @PaulK999 please?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 10

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Enlli I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 4 of 10

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @PaulK999 I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 5 of 10

LFC05
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Emma I'm having the same issue could you help me out?

Message 6 of 10

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6800 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

Emma is not on duty

@O2Georgina can you help?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 10

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Enlli 

@LFC05  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 8 of 10

PaulK999
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update - 3rd attempt at porting yesterday (Tuesday) resulted in my Virgin sim being deactivated (the number I want to keep) but the number has not been transferred to O2. Anyone calling my keep number now gets a line unobtainable tone and I cannot be contacted by friends, family or work contacts.

I received no texts from O2 during the process and am now waiting for a response from O2Emma having reported the issue. 

What a farce, how can this be so difficult?

Message 9 of 10

PaulK999
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update, I guess I should be more patient, but the port seems finally to have gone through. No texts from O2 though at any point advising on progress...

Message 10 of 10