cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

username not recognised/ but then states its already registered?

Shadowhunter
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I'm having issues logging in online. It takes at least 20 mins each time as turning off my wifi and using mobile data has never worked for me.  Each time I log in it tells me my username is not recognised (using the only email address I've ever had!)

I have to find my o2 username and it will then tell me my password is wrong and I have to reset that. I then get the choice to change my username to my email address but its telling me the email address is already registered!  How can it be registered but unrecognised at the same time?

I can only assume it was linked to a previous o2 telephone number I had but have no idea how to resolve this. Chat online never seems to be available these days and they dont seem to be answering phones either.  

Anyone else had any issues like these, maybe someone can offer some advice?  At my wits end and thinking of changing companies when my contract ends.  

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Shadowhunter Best time to call customer service is between 8-8.30 am to avoid a long wait. Do not use Live Chat. You'll have to persevere until you can speak to someone.

Edit: 202 from your mobile is free and is the best way to try to get through. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Shadowhunter Best time to call customer service is between 8-8.30 am to avoid a long wait. Do not use Live Chat. You'll have to persevere until you can speak to someone.

Edit: 202 from your mobile is free and is the best way to try to get through. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Do you have a different email address you can use to create a new account?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
It's quite possibly that the log in details are for your old account. You should have received new login from customer service who will be able to help reset it for you.
Have you gone down the forgotten password link?
Message 4 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Welcome to the forum, @Shadowhunter slight_smile

I'm sorry to hear you're having some troubles log in online. Did you make any progress on this since you last posted, wiith the help of our other members above? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5