Did you mean: 

"Identity not found" after porting in number

jmfarrell
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all

I have an O2 PAYG SIM and MyO2 account which I've held some time and have been working fine.

At the beginning of this week, I called customer service requesting to port in another existing number to this SIM.  They took all the details (number to port in, PAC code from existing provider etc) and said the porting would complete on Wednesday.  On Wednesday the number did port just fine and I can make calls to and from the O2 SIM using the ported-in number.

However, since the port completed, when logging into My02 account in a web browser on my PC, it accepts my username and password but then asks for a contact number.  When I enter the mobile number of my SIM, it gives an error "Identity not found" and will not proceed.

If I click "Cancel" from this screen, I can get into my account and see my details.  My name, date of birth and e-mail are still present, but there is no contact number listed, and no products or services are listed against the account.

If I try to add a contact number, or add my PAYG SIM as a new Product or Service, I again get the "Identity not found" error and cannot proceed.

So, I seem to have no way of checking my balance or topping-up on-line.

I have called customer services 3 times and spent over an hour discussing the issue with 3 different advisors, and trying their numerous suggestions, but none of them have been able to find a solution. 

During the most recent call, the advisor suggested this is a known problem affecting multiple users and which is being worked on, but he couldn't give a timescale for it being fixed.  I have to say I am somewhat sceptical and a more likely explanation seems to be that something in my account got broken during the porting process and is going to need manual intervention on the back-end to fix.

Can anyone suggest either a workaround or tell me how I get to speak to someone in O2 who can actually check my account and fix the problem.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35055 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

Heard another story like that earlier - as you have been through the mill on the phone, I'll tag in an O2 Advisor-, @O2Ellie who is on this afternoon, expect a PM asking for more details presently, @jmfarrell.

BTW, topping-up does not need you to log into your MyO2, just go to O2 Web Top-up and enter your number. Equally, checking balance can be done in a number of ways as well, in the interim.

Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

https://www.o2.co.uk/topup

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/checking-your-balance

Message 2 of 18

pgn
  • 35055 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

As an afterthought, have you stepped through creating a MyO2 account for your new number?

Down the middle of this page, might help:

https://mymobile.o2.co.uk/

Message 3 of 18

jmfarrell
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi pgn, thanks for the replies.

I already had a Myo2 account linked to this SIM before I ported-in my number, and I'm trying to use that existing account.

Best regards 

John 

Message 4 of 18

O2Ellie
Former Staff
  • 68 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you for tagging me @pgn 

@jmfarrell  I will send you a private message now and we can look in to this for you.

signature
Message 5 of 18

pgn
  • 35055 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions
Message 6 of 18

Kellyb87
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having a similar problem trying to link a payg sim to my o2 account, identity not found. The sim is working fine and my o2 shows all my pay monthly accounts but unfortunately it won’t link the payg sim. I’m not sure what to do. 

Message 7 of 18

pgn
  • 35055 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

@Kellyb87 wrote:

I’m having a similar problem trying to link a payg sim to my o2 account, identity not found. The sim is working fine and my o2 shows all my pay monthly accounts but unfortunately it won’t link the payg sim. I’m not sure what to do. 

@O2Emma is on this evening, perhaps she can help you, @Kellyb87 - keep an eye on your PMs, either the envelope icon top-right, or "Messages" when you click on your avatar, also top-right. 🤞

Screenshot_20220810-180825.png

Message 8 of 18

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @pgn I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 9 of 18

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Kellyb87 I will send you a private message to look into it for you.

signature
Message 10 of 18