cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Win 8 Phone App Totally Messed Up!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Nokia 1020 Windows 8 phone & the original o2 app has just updated to something called "o2 Recomends". 

What a load of absolute tosh!  All it is a link to various o2 services & the stupid thing is that the important ones like My o2 & o2 Wi-Fi just say "coming soon". How soon is "soon". You now CANNOT access your o2 account now at all to do anything. The reviews of the app are totally up in arms about it & quite rightly so.

Why can't o2 leave things alone whilst they were working?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a Nokia 1020 Windows 8 phone & the original o2 app has just updated to something called "o2 Recomends". 

What a load of absolute tosh!  All it is a link to various o2 services & the stupid thing is that the important ones like My o2 & o2 Wi-Fi just say "coming soon". How soon is "soon". You now CANNOT access your o2 account now at all to do anything. The reviews of the app are totally up in arms about it & quite rightly so.

Sorry for any confusion or frustration caused. The app you have been using previously has been replaced with ‘O2 Recommends’ in preparation for a native MyO2 experience. We’re close to releasing this, hopefully in the next few weeks – we’ll be sure to update the community when it’s released. Until then, you can use the below mobile-optimised site which should offer similar ‘My O2’ functionality that you had before. Have a go with it and let us know how you get on.

http://mymobile.o2.co.uk

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Yes that's happened to My 520

I'll be glad when they write the myo2 app to work on a windows phone.

Right now if I'm at home I check via the website or on my iPhone as I've linked the accounts.

Or use 4444 or text BALANCE to 20202 for Payg. Or 21202 for contract.
Message 2 of 7

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry for any confusion or frustration caused. The app you have been using previously has been replaced with ‘O2 Recommends’ in preparation for a native MyO2 experience. We’re close to releasing this, hopefully in the next few weeks – we’ll be sure to update the community when it’s released. Until then, you can use the below mobile-optimised site which should offer similar ‘My O2’ functionality that you had before. Have a go with it and let us know how you get on.

http://mymobile.o2.co.uk

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you @Chris_K that works for me on my Lumia 520

slight_smile
Message 4 of 7

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you @Chris_K that works for me on my Lumia 520

slight_smile

Great to hear, thanks for letting us know 🙂 Again this is just a temporary measure and we're sure you'll enjoy a native My O2 app experience coming your way soon, but hopefully the above link will suffice for the next few weeks.

Message 5 of 7

tullyhubbert
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the update Chris.

I'm another who was wondering how my 'My O2' app had morphed into something as horrible and useless as 'O2 Recommends' Good to hear things will be progressing in the future.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know that My O2 App is now available for windows phone!

Check it here for more info: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apps/My-O2-App-on-Windows-Phone/td-p/702477

Hope you find this helpful wink

Marina

Message 7 of 7