Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving text messages

Caz2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did an upgrade on Sunday and not receiving text messages can send Texas call but just can't receive them

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Kieran91
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have just upgraded. New sim in new phone?, everything switched so have data and calls. Can send but can't receive text messages. Can't set up any accounts as can't receive verification codes. Very frustrating! Tried factory reset. Taking sim out and putting back in. Can't speak to O2 on the phone. Absolute joke!!
Message 11 of 29

Caz2
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am the same it's a joke trying to contact them and know when is available to speak to us because of lockdown I am going to phone up now through to the upgrades team and see if they can assist me
Message 12 of 29

Caz2
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am on the phone now to o2 now they are saying its nothing to do with the network
Message 13 of 29

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123150 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Caz2 wrote:
I am on the phone now to o2 now they are saying its nothing to do with the network

Rubbish. They are just saying that to get you off the phone. If numerous different makes of phone are having this problem then it isn't a phone issue and that's obvious.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 29

Verteron
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I upgraded yesterday from Galaxy S8 to Galaxy S20+ and I am having this exact issue - Make/Receiving calls no issue, sending texts no issue.  Not received a text since I installed and transferred to new sim card.

I am on a chat with them just now - they tried to say it was a network issue - that it was too busy - I rejected this, so I then got a manager - who has now transferred me to their GURU team.

Hopefully I will get some answers - and I will keep you updated.

Message 15 of 29

Steffi79
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've been on O2 chat and the advisor checked I'd reinserted sim and restarted phone, had already tried a few times, then they had me clear message cash, then clear message storage. Still no luck but I now have no messages, which I wanted!
Message 16 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 123150 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Steffi79  @Verteron 

I think they are struggling to find the fault.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 123150 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Chris_K  @Martin-O2 @Marjo 

Are you aware of this issue of people unable to send or recieve texts?

Not just on the S20, it's happening on numerous phones of different makes and has been going on for days now.

It happens when people port, or just get a new phone and insert a new sim. Also on a few occasions it has stopped suddenly on phones whch people have had for some time. It's obviously network related and not an issue with the phones.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 29

Caz2
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The have told me on the phone just now it's because I did a SIM swap She said it should be working within the next hour I will give it in till this afternoon if it doesn't work I will be callining them back x
Message 19 of 29

Steffi79
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I can't even port my new number over. Driving me mad. Just want the new phone I've paid for to work and to end my old contract
Message 20 of 29