Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my o2 still shows old device type after sim swap

srbrook
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My O2 is still showing my old device type. I did a sim swap into my new device and kept the old number. I can't find a way of updating the device type to my new phone.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@srbrook 

The actual device details should update automaticall in a few days, if not, call customer service to update them Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

You can just edit the device name yourself by clicking on the pencil symbol next to the device name when looking online.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@srbrook 

If you go to My O2 https://www.o2.co.uk/myo2  under Device you will see a pencil icon. You can edit with that

If that doesn't work then contact customer services and ask them to do it for you Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

However if you have just swapped sims it may take a couple of days to update. Keep rebooting your phone.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi there @srbrook , I hope you had a nice weekend! It would be great to hear how you're getting on with this and if you need any additional advice? slight_smile

Message 4 of 4