Did you mean: 

missing QR code for eSim

FionaMac
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I am upgrading my IPhone - just bought an IPhone 15.

I followed your instructions and ordered an eSim. However, your system did not send me anything - no message, no email etc with the necessary QR code to install the eSim on my new phone.

I phoned your customer helpline on Tuesday evening and the representative looked at my situation and promised that I would get an email with the QR within 24 hours. Nothing has arrived.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149077 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

@FionaMac 

Check in your MyO2 as they sometimes show in there.

If not, pop into your local O2 store with photo ID and they will get one for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149077 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

@FionaMac 

Check in your MyO2 as they sometimes show in there.

If not, pop into your local O2 store with photo ID and they will get one for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 9

FionaMac
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

two phone calls to O2 with different advice. No emails received. I was then told that they could not order a QR code in the shop. In the end it was simply - install MyO2 app on the new phone and use wifi to receive the 'install esim' message. It does not work on the laptop version of the app. If only they'd told me that in the first 5 minutes...

Message 3 of 9

PhilGurr
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just as a matter of info, in case anyone from O2 sees this, I have had exactly the same problem on a new Android phone that was delivered today. I am currently sitting in a long queue to get through to support, for the third time, to try and get one made available via the app. Very frustrating.

Message 4 of 9

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38274 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

@PhilGurr wrote:

Just as a matter of info, in case anyone from O2 sees this, I have had exactly the same problem on a new Android phone that was delivered today. I am currently sitting in a long queue to get through to support, for the third time, to try and get one made available via the app. Very frustrating.

Nobody from O2 will see this here in this Customer Forum, @PhilGurr - but if you post it to one of O2's Social Media channels, all shown in the link below, then they will see it 👍🏼

Message 5 of 9

cypher85
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

this took me ages to find myself. all O2 links on the subject are either broken or non existent. Phoned to discuss it but got cut off during the process. in the end went on a hunt for answers myself. 

If you login to myO2 on a PC. then in the top left you'll see "My O2" you can click a drop down arrow next to it. in the drop down. there is an area that says "Your SIM". within that, one option says "Install your sim". clicking that menu gives you the QR code. 

Note that once you scan the Esim. your old number will no longer work and will be cut off from the net work if you are transfering from a physical sim to an esim. that happens instantly so be certain when you want to swop. eg unlike me who swopped but the new contract hadnt started yet. 

considering this process is seen as the new way forward and everyone will be rolling it out. there is very little if any support on the matter. 

Message 6 of 9

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9114 Posts
  • 208 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

You have replied to a thread that is a couple of months' old @cypher85 ; presumably @FionaMac is up and running by now ! 👍

Message 7 of 9

FrankS
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

The solution from cypher85 is a REALLY useful tip - much better than trying to get sense from O2 customer services.

If anyone does not have eSIM capability built into their phone (I am using a Motorola G62 which does not) then a potential solution that works for me is "esim.me" which (in my simple terms) has eSim capability built into a standard looking physical SIM card.  The eSim.me card occupies a standard SIM card slot in a phone.  Search for esim.me.

I now have 3 eSIM profiles on my eSim.me SIM card and can happily swap between them as I wish.  There are some limitations around swapping their physical SIM between handsets so if anyone wants to look at this as an option read the information carefully.  Otherwise I would recommend it / them as an eSIM option for non eSim capable handsets.

Thanks to cypher85.

Frank

Message 8 of 9

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9114 Posts
  • 208 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@FrankS

There was no response from @FionaMac ; but I am glad that the work of @cypher85 was not wasted and that you found it useful ! 👍

Message 9 of 9