Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 8 locked out when switching from O2 to Sky

StephenWoody
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So O2 texted me today to say that my number would Port Out today 27/3. At the same time Sky sent me an email saying that my Sky Mobile is Up & Running. I had activated the SIM yesterday.   I check d my Sky account & it says all is fine...

At the same time MyO2 has disappeared, even though they are yet to issue my final bill; The O2 sim has stopped, but when I put the Sky sim in it tells me SIM not supported. 

So I look up this message & am told my phone is locked, and to call O2 with my mobile number, make & model of phone, and IMEI number and they will unlock it. They never mentioned this to me when I asked for my PAC code. I have all the data requested but can't get through to O2, which of course I have to call from my landline. Also, I cant find an email address to send the information. 

Help

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi there @StephenWoody , how are you doing today? Did you manage to sort out your phone ok in the end since you last posted (any help from the guide linked above by @jonsie ?) or do you need any additional advice?

Message 3 of 9

StephenWoody
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I just wrote a reply but it didn't seem to post...

No way to contact O2 when they don't answer my phone is cut off as is MyO2, and they don't answer my landline calls. 

So I wrote to O2 Complaintsreview autorwspnded that they'd get back to me in 5 days...

I sent them my phone/model/IMEI numbers. 

Their customer service standards are rubbish, particularly if they were to think about potential for returning customers. 

Can you help?

Message 4 of 9

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @StephenWoody , thanks for coming back to give us an update and sorry to hear you're still struggling with this. If you've already made an official complaint, that means it's normally out of our hands as they will have a completely separate process from then on. I'm happy to double check just in case though if there's anything we can do on our end still - I'll need a few additional details to be able to pass this on so I'll drop you a private message here on the forum shortly.

Message 5 of 9

StephenWoody
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks. I'll await your email.  Cheers

Message 6 of 9

StephenWoody
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For all of you, I just wanted to confirm that, with many thanks to Marjo and the Gurus, my iPhone was successfully unlocked and I'm now able to use it.. ironically with Sky Mobile, who I believe use O2 as their provider! It was also interesting to hear from the O2 Complaints dept asking for all the information which I couldn't get hold of, after the phone had already been unlocked. Thank goodness for the O2 Community. 

Cheers

stephen

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Pleased to heaar it @StephenWoody  thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

jonsie