Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i did a number port but O2 keep billing me for both the old and new number

ivarbundulis
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did a number port 5 months ago but O2 have kept billing me for both the old and new number.

I spent 1 hour and 45 minutes on the phone to customer services today and got bounced around Between 7 (yes really 7) different teams.

They still don't understand that they are charging me £25 per month for the original sim card they sent to me and also for the new sim card they sent me after the number port.

It's extremely frustrating. I have given up all hope of ever speaking to anybody who understand and can deal with the problem.

I paid £25 on 7th December for a month and I keep getting sent emails and text messages telling me my account is in arrears.

Wheras in fact it is O2 that owes me money for the over-billing they have been doing for the past 5 months!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10259 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@ivarbundulis 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , or call 0344 809 0202  they should be able to help you with this

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@ivarbundulis 

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217 who’ll find a solution that’s right for you.
Payment Management opening hours:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

ivarbundulis
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried calling them today. i spent 1 hour and 45 minutes on the phone to customer services.

I think it is easier to go through the small claims court than it is to actually speak to somebody who can help 

Message 4 of 8

ivarbundulis
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried calling them today. For 1 hour and 45 minutes they kept me on hold and when i could speak to somebody they bounced me between 7 different teams and agents. 

I am not prepared to go through that hell again

Message 5 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23179 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@ivarbundulis It sounds like you didn't need to port your number but you needed to migrate it: 

Migration & porting into O2 - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 8

ivarbundulis
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

it's no excuse for 02 billing me £25 for the old number plus another £25 per month for the new number

Message 7 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23179 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@ivarbundulis I'm afraid it is. If you didn't migrate your number you have been paying for two contracts. You need to speak to Payment Management, but it's unlikely that you will be reimbursed.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 8