Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails from O2

danco
Level 3: Thinker
  • 22 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I have just joined O2 (transfer from TalkTalk), and put in the SIM an hour or so ago. Most tings seem to be going well.

However, O2 asks me to verify my email address (which happens to be a university address ending in ac.uk) and says it has sent me an email for me to do the verification. I have not received any such email, and have looked in my spam and trash folders.

Also, I changed my password from the temporary one I was given initially. I was told I would receive an email comfirming I had done this. Again, no such email.

Finally, there was a problem with the new password I had chosen, it wasn't accepted (possibly my fault). Again, O2 offered to send me an email giving a temporary password, but I didn't receive any such password. I got back in using a verification code on my phone.

Does anyone have an idea of what's happening? Are emails from O2 just being dropped in some way, and if so can I do anything about it?

Also, I want to retain my old TalkTalk number, and have a PAC from them. But I am a little worried about filling in the form to change number, as it wants my email address, and if the processinvolves doing something with an email from O2 I can'tfeel sure I will get any needed email.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

danco
  • 22 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Have changed my contact number and my password. Both of these got a confirmation email to my secondary email address (at gmail). So I guess there was something weird between O2 and my college email server.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23946 Posts
  • 1044 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@danco You should speak to someone in customer service. Call. Don't use Live Chat. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus 

If you have a phone to use you can call for free on 0800 032 1402

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149027 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28463 Solutions
There is no email verification required to port your number. It is only used for info but you will be sent a text to your number anyway telling you the date it will change.
If you do it know you should get it changed over tomorrow but if you miss today it will be Tuesday next week.
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 11

danco
  • 22 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Porting my number will take place after the weekend. I arranged it over the phone with no problems.

The person I spoke to said that the issue with not receiving emails was because some aspects of my account had been set up but others had not yet been done. I thought she had arranged it, but I am still not getting emails. But quite likely that will be settled in a day or so.

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 149027 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28463 Solutions
Changes like that usually don’t come into effect until after midnight on the day they were changed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 11

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @danco and welcome to the forum slight_smile Are you still having trouble getting emails from O2 or is it all settled now? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 11

danco
  • 22 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

No emails as yet. Each time I log in I get told that they have sent an email to verify my address, but I have never received one.

IMy phone number was successfully ported from TalkTalk today. Maybe I still have to wait another day or so.

Should I have received a written (mail or email) letter giving the terms of my contract? If so, I haven't as yet. I'm not worried, as I can go into MY O2, just wondering.

Message 7 of 11

danco
  • 22 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
I don't know if my email provider is blocking O2 for some reason, but no messages got through. I tried Live Chat, who still could not get an email to my address. But I have a different address as well (on gmail), and a message to that did get through, so I was able to change to give that as my address. Hopefully all will remain well.

But I would still like to know if I am supposed to receive a written statement of my contract terms, as I have not got anything in writing yet.
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 149027 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28463 Solutions
Yes you should be emailed the T&C"s but they are available online anyway
http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions
Message 9 of 11

danco
  • 22 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Have changed my contact number and my password. Both of these got a confirmation email to my secondary email address (at gmail). So I guess there was something weird between O2 and my college email server.
Message 10 of 11