Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt not triggering because of address mismatch

Steve1968
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Virgin use a different sourcing system to find addresses, compared to O2, so you both hold slightly different address descriptions.   O2 cannot change the address they have on file because they drive their data from the Royal Mail PAF file.    Virgin appear to use a different method.

So in Virgin my address is shown as [made up address to protect identity]

Flat B, 20 Anytime Road, London, SW11 ZYZ.

In O2 its shown as

20 Anytime Road, London, SW11 ZYZ.

Ive asked O2 to edit in Flat B. They can’t. Computer says no, so your matching software then fails to recognise that I am, infact, the same person at the same address.

Can you use another method, of force a process that joins me to the O2 record. I am the same person.

The same problem will materialise again in a few weeks when I move home.

O2 will source my new address from the Royal Mail PAF file as

96 Antime Road, London, SW11 XYZ

Virgin do not find this address, instead you source one of two options

Flat A,96 Antime Road, London, SW11 XYZ

Flat B,96 Antime Road, London, SW11 XYZ

So you must be able to uncover a solution to bridge this address / software matching problem.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37111 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1686 Solutions

The solution in this case is to reach out to O2 via Social Media, any one of Twitter/X, Facebook Messenger or Instagram will do, and nudge them until you get someone who engages with you via Private or Direct message, @Steve1968 - the ways to get them on these platforms is in the link just below.

Nobody from O2 will see your post here, but you can use the Permalink Feature in the arrow top right of your list to get a working URL to your post that you can share with them, should the need arise.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4

Steve1968
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks @Don,   already done the online chat (for x hours) and they didnt resolve, but will not give up.  They have a business process that fails, and they  hide behind that, rather than putting the customer first.

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37111 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1686 Solutions

Persistence, @Steve1968 - good luck!

It can be escalated to the Community Forum manager tomorrow if still no joy today, just tag Dave-O2 with an @ before his Forum handle to flag this post/thread to him. He may ask privately here on the Forum Privte Message system (the envelope or Messages drop-down top-right) for some details, including your Social Media handle so he can escalate for you. And as your post indicates, hope is not a valid business strategy, nor is hiding behind (broken) process.

Message 4 of 4