Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verify email address email not being received

wiganken
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Similar to others from December 2018. See link: - https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/My-O2/Account-Login-Verification-email-problems/td-p/1184239

Setting up My O2 account everything went OK until I got to the 'verify your email' page. I have requested it to be sent about 8 times over the last three days but no email received. I am using Thunderbird email client but I have also checked directly on the webmail site.

I've checked the email address is spelled correctly and I have also checked spam folder. Other emails are being received no problem.

I suspect the O2 mail system is at fault but is it just my account that's suffering with this problem? Web searches do not show reports after the link shown above in December 2018.

At the moment I can still access my account but I am concerned I may get locked-out if my email address cannot be verified. At this time (Covid-19) I am unable to contact customer services so I thought I would check here to see if there is any O2 staff listening / watching who might be able to help.

Thanks for any replies.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

wiganken
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Finally got the verification email today and was able to click the link and get my email address verified so all sorted now.

A frustrating 3 day wait but we got there.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi@wiganken 

DON'T post your mail address but are you using one from Yahoo, Google or Microsoft (such as hotmail or outlook) or possibly from your employer or Internet Service Provider?

A lot of mail systems use greylisting as an anti-spam measure now (this means that unless the sending mail server makes more than one attempt to deliver you may not get the mail) so you may need to put the request through a couple of times, you'll get more than one mail but use the one with the latest timestamp.

If you're using an address provided by your ISP their Technical Support should be able to check the spam filter and wave it through for you, in the case of your employer you'll need to speak to your Service Desk who will need to ask for the mail administrator to do this.

If they ask, the mail comes from noreply@o2mail.co.uk

Message 2 of 5

wiganken
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you.

The email obviously has to pass through my ISP but it is not one of their email addresses so, as you suggested, I signed-in to my ISP site and, due to Covid-19 there is no one to "Chat" to or to answer the phones. The intention was to ask them to "allow" noreply@o2mail.co.uk to pass through their filters as per your suggestion.

If I can't contact my ISP it sounds as if I may be in hole that I can't get out of. I just hope I don't get locked-out of my account.

Message 3 of 5

wiganken
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Finally got the verification email today and was able to click the link and get my email address verified so all sorted now.

A frustrating 3 day wait but we got there.

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Everything is taking longer due to the lockdown. Call centres and social distancing means limited staff to handle all the queries. Patience needed I'm afraid.

It seems O2's systems are under strain too!

Message 5 of 5