Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading.

Dan301093
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, it says I have £0 left to pay on existing contract even though the contracts last billing date will be the 16th June 20. Can someone define this in a little more detail please, thank you.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

O2Sean
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 148 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Hi @Dan301093 ,

Are you on a refresh contract? Have you paid off your device plan early? If so it might be that your contract was due to finish in June but if you payed off your device early then your contract is essentially finished as you are only obligated to pay the airtime plan while you have an active device plan. 

signature
Message 2 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
It probably means your current bill has been paid, and not the amount left on the contract.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
We can't see account details on here, sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Dan301093
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi mate, I'm not on a refresh plan at the moment but that's what they are trying to offer me now saying that they will pay of the rest of the current contract. I've made no bulk payments to pay anything off, I've only paid my monthly fees I've needed to pay. If I have paid of the device and should only be paying the airtime balance I'm currently still being charged the full amount, thanks
Message 5 of 6

O2Sean
  • 148 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Hi @Dan301093 ,

Seems like you have been offered a "Speed to Refresh". It's usually offered to carphone warehouse customers. It means we will buy you out of your carphone contract essentially and let you upgrade to an O2 refresh contract at no extra cost from today.

Alternatively if you do not take this offer then you just continue paying your current contract until it  expires in June or until you upgrade.

signature
Message 6 of 6