Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading

Liam18
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I do not wish to upgrade what do I do from here?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2EmmaLouise
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 254 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Hi @Liam18,

That's fine, you don't have to upgrade. If you're on a Refresh contract (two separate direct debits - one for phone and one for airtime) then the phone direct debit stops when you've reached the end of your agreement and finished paying for it.

Are you happy with your current phone? You don't have to change it but it might be worth upgrading to a sim only to save money.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

O2EmmaLouise
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 254 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Hi @Liam18,

That's fine, you don't have to upgrade. If you're on a Refresh contract (two separate direct debits - one for phone and one for airtime) then the phone direct debit stops when you've reached the end of your agreement and finished paying for it.

Are you happy with your current phone? You don't have to change it but it might be worth upgrading to a sim only to save money.

Message 2 of 6

natalietaylor1
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I've just upgraded my phone , it's actually just arrived , but I was wondering if it was still possible to add another handset to my contract ?
Message 3 of 6

O2EmmaLouise
  • 254 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Hi @natalietaylor1,

That's possible but you would need to undergo another credit check for the new handset slight_smile

You can arrange this by visiting one of our stores, calling customer services on 202, or by applying for the new additional handset online.

Message 4 of 6

natalietaylor1
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How do I apply online
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@natalietaylor1 wrote:
How do I apply online

By using a different email address and make sure you;re not logged in when choosing the phone. 

This is to avoid it going through as a upgrade.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6