Did you mean: 

Unsolicited charges - O2 not helping

Pajuwood
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all

Received my bill text today which was much higher than normal. I thought i'd log into my o2 to find out where i had incurred any addittional charges.

Tariff was the same.  There were no extra charges. At the bottow there is a section called 'Things you have bought' and here there was a charge for £18.  I wasnt aware id bought anything so i clicked into this.

The screen loaded to show four weekly charges of £4.50 to Net Real Solutions totalling the £18.  Again i had absolutely no idea what this is for so i started a chat via o2 app stating the above and what i had found.

They checked this (very slowly) and advised intially this was a gaming app.  I advised i had made no purchases using my o2 account for any app. I was then advised this was an adult site and that to stop any further charges i should send a stop message to an e-mail address the advisor provided.

I made it clear i had made no purchase and i expected the charges to stop and those on the bill to be removed.  I also added how unhappy i was to contact persons at a company of no name that i had no knowledge of to discuss payment they had taken without permission from my account. 

I asked for a contact number for the o2 call centre and called them.  Sadly this did not help either the advice was similar and the advisor stated this was probably a scam company and again i should contact them.  I advised i wasnt prepared to do so and that i would expect my povider to be able to address such scams or issues.  The advisor tried to contact the company and confirmed no answer or details from them supporting her view it was a scam but then proceeded to advise i should contact them .

I have asked for a complaint to be escalated and got to speak to no one.  I have been  told i have to log a complaint and wait to be contacted.  At this point in time o2 are poposing to charge me for this and have not cancelled the charge which is likely to continue.

I'm inclined to request my PAC after many years, refer to Ofcom and the police and simply leave o2. 

Any other advice out there?

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Pajuwood it is nothing to do with O2. Please have a look through this guide. You need to contact the company charging you 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Pajuwood it is nothing to do with O2. Please have a look through this guide. You need to contact the company charging you 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

Message 2 of 18

Pajuwood
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It absolutely is to do with 02.  I have no details of the company.

I expect support from such a large provider against any scam and such charges should be disputed and investigated.

Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pajuwood It’s nothing to do with O2. They didn’t charge you. This other company did. Have you read the guide I linked to? Google the company for details on how to contact them for a refund & ask them to remove you from their mailing list

Message 4 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can ask o2 to put a premium rate bar on your account to prevent any further charges and they will most likely refund you if you give customer service a call.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@PajuwoodNet Real Solutions is a company based in Spain. There are multiple posts about it being a scam if you google the name. The giffgaff community has posted many times about it.

Contact details are here

http://en.nrs-group.com/contact

Get in touch with them and ask them to unsubscribe you and ask for a refund.

Best of luck wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Pajuwood  If you contact customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus these are the two bars you want placing on your account to stop this happening again

• Bar all Direct to Bill Debits
  • Premium Bar (calls to premium numbers, 090, 070 etc.)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 18

Pajuwood
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It would have been great to receive such advice an a refund but contacted customer service by web chat and phone and no solution offered

Message 8 of 18

Pajuwood
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the link  - self service is the option you propose when my issue is the lack of customer service from 02 to address what appears to be an issue affecting a lot of people and other phone companys doing much more to protect and act for the customer

Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pajuwood I wouldn’t rely on live chat for accurate information. They are notorious 

Message 10 of 18