Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete o2 wifi

AndyM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've recently upgraded my phone and switched provider from BT to o2.
My old number was also transferred to the new carrier.
I tried connecting to o2 wifi at work and the device obtains IP address just fine, but its unusable. All my apps display a similar message about a network error. (This worked fine on my old phone before the switch)
I'm unable to delete the saved network, there isn't an option to like all other saved networks.
I read o2 support documents but the following setting they advise you to go to doesn't exist: Go to Manage my devices. Remove the old device.

Please help

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@AndyM 

You may need to call customer service to do it for you Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@AndyM 

You may need to call customer service to do it for you Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

AndyM
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi MI5.
Thanks but they should really update their guidelines if you're unable to do it yourself.
I tried connecting to chat earlier and couldn't get through.
Phoning them is a very last resort as I'm hard of hearing.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Success of DIY is variable......

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

AndyM
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I spent 1hr 40 minutes in total with o2 chat support for them to delete my wifi account to enable me to register again. I had to type 1.0.0.0 in a browser once reconnected to the ssid in order to register again. O2 need to sort out their self help guidance. Because the o2 rep tried guiding me through the same website pages that just no longer exist.
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@AndyM 

Previously reported as a potential fix here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-Wifi-At-London-Underground-Not-able-to-...

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

AndyM
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You're missing the point.

1. I've already said I cant "forget the network" on my phone as its samsung on o2 contract. That fix is if you can delete the saved network.
2. O2 self help for re registering a wifi account is not correct.
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
But the guidance is the same.
Type 1.0.0.0 into your browser etc.......
I also said originally that you would need to contact CS to remove your old account.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8