Did you mean: 

USA Travel

CameronL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I have a question regarding travel to the USA, being if I am able to use my data/calls/texts there. I'm on an unlimited minutes/texts and 10GB per month (O2 Sim Only Unlimited 18M 10GB - also says contract renewal date was July last year).

I'm not the best when it comes to understanding my current tariff and the bolt ons, so I'm wondering if my current package allows me to use my data/calls/texts when in the USA. I've looked at some help pages, but I'm still unsure if I need to buy something seperate or if my data will simply work there.

If it's important, I'll be going to Florida specifically, but also travelling to multiple other states on the east coast. I hope somebody can shed some light on what I need to do to ensure I can at least access data in the USA (calls/texts aren't the priority as I can use data to access services).

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10183 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@CameronL 

It is only inclusive if you have a Travel Inclusive bolt on, this can be found by logging into myo2. 

Otherwise it will be £6 per day

Full details can be found here Guide: Roaming MegaGuide  and USA - Roaming with O2 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10183 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@CameronL 

It is only inclusive if you have a Travel Inclusive bolt on, this can be found by logging into myo2. 

Otherwise it will be £6 per day

Full details can be found here Guide: Roaming MegaGuide  and USA - Roaming with O2 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

CameronL
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I see, that makes sense, thank you for the reply!

I'm looking into a 24-month plus plan, since I'm not on contract right now and just rolling, and see this includes USA roaming:

CameronL_0-1691692631026.png

I see it says no extra costs for EU, USA, and Australia, but I'm wondering if this roaming means data only or all of my benefits (e.g. I can text, call, and use data in the USA - along with making calls from the USA to a UK landline or mobile number at no extra cost).

Thank you again for the help, I appreciate it, and if you know the answer to this further question then that would be great once again.

Message 3 of 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

We find data in the USA is restricted to 2mbps OK for maps and to get and send emails

You can call and text but you will need a phone with 4G Calling enabled

USA - Roaming with O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 4