Did you mean: 

Trouble Creating a Virgin Media O2 ID

NewPhoneHelp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I've recently renegotiated my Virgin Media contract and gained the use of an O2 sim card.

I'm having trouble linking my VM account to my O2 account to create a Virgin Media O2 ID.

To start the process I followed this link:

https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/link-sign-in-virgin-media-o2-id?_gl=1*19olbsf*_ga*NTUzNz...

I got as far as the two prompts asking for my O2 login details. I was able to get through the other prompts without any problems.

I entered my email address then my O2 password.

Once continue is pressed the site goes back to asking for my email address.

I can't get any further than this. The site seems to be stuck in a loop of asking for my email after my password is entered.

I tried a few days ago with no luck and I'm still having the same issue this morning.

My O2 login credentials are correct; I can successfully log into the account so I don't think that's the issue.

Has anybody had this problem before?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10194 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@NewPhoneHelp 

I would contact Virgin Media if you are starting on that side, and to be honest I don't know anyone who has done this.. 

The reason I say speak to VM is that you are coming from that side of the IDP process...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35993 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

The system will, when you have satisfied it that your MyO2 credential is valid, then always expect you to login with the password that you have/had for your VirginMedia account, @NewPhoneHelp - oddly. Good luck!

Message 3 of 7

NewPhoneHelp
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I first asked this question on the VM community forum. I was asked to try the account creation process with a different browser. I tried three browsers across two different computers and the problem remained the same.

Apparently the sub-forum I used is now the responsibility of O2, so I signed up here.

I would like to create a Virgin O2 ID but I'll just start using the SIM without an account If I can't get anywhere.

Message 4 of 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6615 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Create a MyO2 Account separate to Virgin to start with.

I ran for 6 months before I created an ID. It's no more than a common way of signing into O2 or Virgin. The two are still separate so the ID has little advantage.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 7

NewPhoneHelp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've tired the account merging process twice this afternoon. Now I'm being told that the accounts can't be linked.

I'll not bother with an account. 

I'll send for a PAC code for my current SIM. How do I send the PAC code to O2?

Much apricated

Screenshot 2024-03-31 141640.png

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions