Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel bolt on

Kyla_nolan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I’ve phoned lots of numbers trying to get in touch. I fly to Thailand tomorrow and need to get a travel bolt-on on my phone for calls texts and data. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93898 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

The only bolt on is O2 Travel Inclusive or O2 Travel

How much will it cost to use my phone?

✔If you have the O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Ultimate Bolt On, you can roam here at no extra cost.
✔ You can use the O2 Travel Bolt On, which gives you unlimited minutes, texts and data for just £6 a day. You can opt-in to O2 Travel by texting TRAVEL to 23336. You’ll only be charged for the days you use it.
If you don’t have our O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Ultimate Bolt On or our O2 Travel Bolt On, you’ll pay our standard rates:

Standard rates
Making calls£2/min
Receiving calls£2/min
Sending texts50p/text
If you want to use data, you’ll be able to buy one of our data roaming bundles. We’ll send you a link when you land, or you can buy one in My O2 before you travel.

100MB£18
500MB£26
1GB£45

Things to note

4G data is available here

5G data is available here

UK dialling – no need to use +44

• Use a Spend Cap to limit any charges not included in your plan.
  • If you need to report your phone as lost or stolen, call us on +44 786 098 0202.
  • Call 112 if you need the emergency services whilst your away.
  • Please be aware of our Roaming Fair Usage Policy.
  • Any chargeable calls from here have a one minute minimum call charge and are rounded up to the nearest 15 seconds.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
  • 93898 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

The only bolt on is O2 Travel Inclusive or O2 Travel

How much will it cost to use my phone?

✔If you have the O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Ultimate Bolt On, you can roam here at no extra cost.
✔ You can use the O2 Travel Bolt On, which gives you unlimited minutes, texts and data for just £6 a day. You can opt-in to O2 Travel by texting TRAVEL to 23336. You’ll only be charged for the days you use it.
If you don’t have our O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Ultimate Bolt On or our O2 Travel Bolt On, you’ll pay our standard rates:

Standard rates
Making calls£2/min
Receiving calls£2/min
Sending texts50p/text
If you want to use data, you’ll be able to buy one of our data roaming bundles. We’ll send you a link when you land, or you can buy one in My O2 before you travel.

100MB£18
500MB£26
1GB£45

Things to note

4G data is available here

5G data is available here

UK dialling – no need to use +44

• Use a Spend Cap to limit any charges not included in your plan.
  • If you need to report your phone as lost or stolen, call us on +44 786 098 0202.
  • Call 112 if you need the emergency services whilst your away.
  • Please be aware of our Roaming Fair Usage Policy.
  • Any chargeable calls from here have a one minute minimum call charge and are rounded up to the nearest 15 seconds.

Message 2 of 3

jonsie
  • 93898 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Using Your Phone Abroad → O2 Travel Search Tool | O2

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

I travel to Thailand regularly and always opt for a local sim (either True or DTAC) which cost about £8-10 for ample 5G roaming data. I use Whatsapp either over wifi or the local sim to keep in touch with family and friends.

If you need O2 for business etc then see the post above for your options

Message 3 of 3