Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer account

Wavesong
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Would love to transfer phone from one account to my main account - but transfer page (bring in product) is broken (JavaScript errors).

Have tried different computers/browsers/phones but doesn't work in any. Have tried asking in shop but they cannot transfer accounts. Have tried online tech help but they can't do it either.

Reported it as a bug months ago but still hasn't been fixed. Anyone got any advice how to proceed?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @Wavesong 

Someone else reported success doing this using the MyO2 app.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

JS
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I managed to get this sorted about 20 mins ago.

I know you've said you've tried browsers and phones but just in case you can replicate my solution, I used the Google Chrome app on my Google Pixel 3 XL.

Searched for My O2, logged in as normal and it let me merge and all the other things the website currently won't let you (changing/updating account details etc.)

Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Wavesong
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just tried the app. The app is pretty good but no option given to merge in other accounts (or add other phones) that I could see.
Message 5 of 10

Wavesong
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Web based myo2 looks like best option. It's the only place I've found that offers the ability to bring in products from another myo2 acccount. It all looks good, but the final submit button at the end of the form is broken.

There is an option at add products that don't have a myo2 account associated with them. Maybe that works - but then I have to figure out how to dis-associate the myo2 account of my other phone.

I moved my whole family onto o2 so that o could manage all phones under one account. I've managed to bring 2 phones together - but can't believe how hard it is to add in a further 2.
Message 6 of 10

JS
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The unresponsive confirm button was the problem I was having with it on their webpage too.

When I tried on my mobile's browser it worked however, along with all the other broken and unresponsive links like "My details".

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Nothing is ever easy with O2's systems unfortunately.
Try a different browser or try turning off any ad blockers etc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Wavesong
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you all for the response. It was really helpful to know that others had seen the problem but had managed to merger accounts.

I'm happy to report that I have now managed to resolve the issue!

The solution that worked for me was

1. I downloaded chrome browser on my phone (iPhone)
2. Logged in using the chrome browser
3. Went through the normal steps to merge accounts
4 The final submit button remained unresponsive as before (so using the mobile chrome browser may not be required) however this time I checked and unchecked the checkbox several times with a combination of pressing the submit button. I'm not sure of the exact combination of these clicks and button presses, but suddenly all worked and the process progressed to the next step.

Thanks again to everyone who took time to respond and help me through this.
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Glad you got sorted.
If chrome was auto completing the username and password fields you need to just tap in the password field to enable the submit button.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10