Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch ID

Furzul
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have a iPad and iphone8. However, I cannot get the touch ID to work very well on either. It works for a couple of times then reverts back to the PIN. I have deleted and reinstalled the app on both the iPhone and iPad several times, but each time, after a couple of logins using Touch ID it reverts back to requesting the PIN. Any ideas?
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125766 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Hi @Furzul

I haven't got an iPhone etc but have checked the Apple forums etc and found this, which may give you a fix for the problem

https://www.imobie.com/support/how-to-fix-touch-id-not-working-on-ios-devcies.htm

Hope it helps and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 31

Furzul
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for the reply. I will give it a go when I have a few minutes.
Message 3 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 125766 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Ok. Let us know how you get on @Furzul wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 31

MI5
  • 149027 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28463 Solutions
Which app are you referring too?
It could be something in the app settings that needs adjusting or other could just be a bad app.
Does touch id work OK for everything else such as unlocking etc?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 31

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Not seeing any issues in myo2 on my iPhone 8 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 31

MI5
  • 149027 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28463 Solutions
Just looking for clarification from OP that it is the MyO2 app Adam, as many people post in this section by default.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 125766 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Yes I actually requested a move to Apple section after I posted. I would think about 40% of new members tend to post in here in error....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 31

Furzul
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It is the my O2 app that I am talking about. There is nothing wrong with the iPhone or iPad. Touch ID works fine for everything except my O2 app.
Message 9 of 31

MI5
  • 149027 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28463 Solutions
Thanks for confirming @Furzul so this is maybe something @Martin-O2 or @EmilieT could feedback to O2 to see if they are aware of any issues?
Message 10 of 31