Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewed Disney+ offer when upgrading

Lazarus_Jon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Apologies if this has been posted, before - I've trawled several community messages, but no-one seems to have asked the same question yet.

I took up the D+ offer from an O2 text message back in July, during my ongoing contract term, which granted me a free 6mth subscription to the service.

However, earlier this month I upgraded and was told I qualified for a free Extra. Having been told that the new contract overrides the previous one, I was told that the prior D+ sub would cease, and that if I opted it for D+ again I could activate a new sub for 6mths from this new date.

I have an alert on MyO2 which shows I have 11 days left to activate the D+ O2 Extra, but when I try to activate it I get a message saying 'This code cannot be redeemed. You may have already redeemed it. To check, log in to Disney+ account'... but in that account it says 'O2 subscription. Manage on O2', sending me into a Moebius loop on non answers.

Anyone have any ideas please?   

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Lazarus_Jon 

As I found out when trying to do a similar thing, I had to call O2 to fix it.

Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
Or advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Lazarus_Jon 

As I found out when trying to do a similar thing, I had to call O2 to fix it.

Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
Or advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Lazarus_Jon
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Blimey, that was a rapid response - thanks @MI5 , i'll give that a go then!

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Best of luck thumbsup

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Lazarus_Jon
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks again for the advice @MI5 - all sorted!
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good news mate slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

redredredredred
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi! I have the same issue, although I've not taken up any O2 offer on Disney+ before. The activation code just gives me the same error message as you. I've spoken to O2 on 202 and they've issued a new activation code and removed and readded the offer to my account twice. Every new code gives the same error message. Do you know what they did to resolve the issue for you?

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@redredredredred 

There is currently an issue with Disney+ which O2 are aware of.

@O2Georgina is looking into it for us and will be online tomorrow.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Morning @MI5  Thanks for the tag.

@redredredredred  I will send you a private message so that we can resolve this for you

signature
Message 9 of 9