Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Calls from the UK When Abroad

Morrigan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an O2 Pay-As-You-Go sim.   Currently I’m in Singapore and will be for the foreseeable future.   Every two weeks, I receive a 10-minute call from the UK for which I am charged £20.   Does O2 offer a bolt on or a contract that would reduce my bills?  

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 126018 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Morrigan 

If you take a look at this guide Guide: Roaming MegaGuide you will see a section on PAYG. Unfortunately Singapore is classed as Rest of the world (ROW) and will cost you the following...

£2.00/min (MO/MT)
50p/text
£7.20/MB (CUK)
£2.00/min (MO/MT)
50p/text
£7.20/MB (CUK)
£2.00/min (MO/MT)
50p/text
£7.20/MB (CUK)
£2.00/min (MO/MT)
50p/text
£7.20/MB (CUK)

So £2.00 for a min =£20 for 10 minutes.

As said, there are no bolt ons available. PAYG gets a rough deal with travelling (Unless you stick to the Europe Zone)

Sometimes its worth looking at a 30 day sim only (which is a contract) and get all the benefits of O2 travel.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7938 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Not too sure on the PAYG side. I'm sure someone will be along who does

This may be of help in the meanwhile 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/bolt-ons

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11599 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Morrigan 

There are no bolt on's available for PAYG to help with this call cost, even on contract the costs would be the around the same...

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 126018 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Morrigan 

If you take a look at this guide Guide: Roaming MegaGuide you will see a section on PAYG. Unfortunately Singapore is classed as Rest of the world (ROW) and will cost you the following...

£2.00/min (MO/MT)
50p/text
£7.20/MB (CUK)
£2.00/min (MO/MT)
50p/text
£7.20/MB (CUK)
£2.00/min (MO/MT)
50p/text
£7.20/MB (CUK)
£2.00/min (MO/MT)
50p/text
£7.20/MB (CUK)

So £2.00 for a min =£20 for 10 minutes.

As said, there are no bolt ons available. PAYG gets a rough deal with travelling (Unless you stick to the Europe Zone)

Sometimes its worth looking at a 30 day sim only (which is a contract) and get all the benefits of O2 travel.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Morrigan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is there an O2 contract that would reduce my bills to less than £43 per month?  

Message 5 of 8

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7938 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Checking O2 Travel bolt on I don't see Singapore included so I can't see you being better off.

I stand to be corrected though

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126018 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Morrigan 

If you are talking about a 30 day sim only as I suggested above (and you own your phone,) every sim costs below £43! https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P30D 

When you are checking out that page, have a look at the 12month and 24 month deals, as they have all the extras.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126018 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

Checking O2 Travel bolt on I don't see Singapore included so I can't see you being better off.

I stand to be corrected though

No you are correct @Enlli. They are still classed as Rest Of The World. However, some of the sim only contracts come with extras, although ROW will always be ROW.

Plenty of Wifi places in Singapore where they can use Whatsapp or Messenger as long as friends and family have the same apps.

Of course a PAYG local sim may be a cheaper option for the 10 minute call.

I stand by my first comment that PAYG have a rough deal on travel. At least O2 Travel and O2 Travel inclusive is an option for Sim only. (which I'm on.)😉

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8