cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Calls from random business numbers that claim to have not made contact (Potential phishing

KarlMuller
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

Over the last few days I've been receiving calls from random numbers that the Smart ID on my phone recognises as random business from the other end of the country to where I live (all different towns, cities etc.) These could be a hairdressers, a takeaway business, convenience store etc.

Contacted one of these back as soon as I'd had a missed call from a different number and the business sounded legit and nobody there claimed to have made a call out when I asked.

Has anybody experienced similar? It seems some kind of phishing scam perhaps, however I'm confused as to how this is happening and what to do next as it's already becoming quite irritating and as they're not coming from the same number I have no viable way to block or restrict this.

After some advice and like i've said if anyone has also experienced similar.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23994 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23994 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149446 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@KarlMuller 

Number spoofing scams - Ofcom

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 6

KarlMuller
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you both!

Message 4 of 6

Wereallmadhere
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you posting this, I am having the same problem. Yesterday I had call from a Newsagent in Glasgow and today a car place in Hastings. I live in Birmingham. I have blocked them? Have your calls stopped now?

Message 5 of 6

CCutts
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been experiencing the same. I have blocked each of the numbers but it is very annoying. 

Message 6 of 6