Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password

JohnBoy1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have tried 5 times to get to my account but it keeps saying my password is wrong which I have had for about 6 years now. Can anyone help please

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@JohnBoy1 

You can reset your own password via My O2 under the section 'Forgotten password' http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

However if you want to keep your old password then you will need to ring customer services and see if they can reset it https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@JohnBoy1 

You can reset your own password via My O2 under the section 'Forgotten password' http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

However if you want to keep your old password then you will need to ring customer services and see if they can reset it https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

@JohnBoy1 wrote:

I have tried 5 times to get to my account but it keeps saying my password is wrong which I have had for about 6 years now. Can anyone help please

Hello @JohnBoy1 

This happens to me not on o2 but elsewhere.  If I really want to keep my old password I use a reset once use that and then reset back to my old password.  

Don't know if that is ok with o2 but it works elsewhere.  Having said that an update can never be a bad thing and I generally move on!

Best of luck and good wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @JohnBoy1 , I was wondering if you got a chance to read through the advice above over the weekend? How are you getting on with you password issues?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 7

JohnBoy1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for all the help . It worked great
Message 5 of 7

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

That's good to hear @JohnBoy1, thanks for coming back and letting us know  slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 7

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@JohnBoy1 wrote:

I have sometimes changed my password with 02 , only to find the new one isnt accepted immediately after .   If thats the case when you try let us know here.

You can change your password , then soon after change it back to what you had before. I believe 02 allows this .

Message 7 of 7