Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of contract term?

DavidMW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've received an SMS to tell me I'm currently out of my contract term. I can choose to stay on the same tariff or switch to another provider.

I've visited my O2 account and can't find any reference to this at all.

Maybe this message is some sort of scam?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93344 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

From February 2020 providers have to inform you when you are out of the minimum term of your contract

So no need to worry, the text is advising you of such, though it's not necessarily from O2 

Are you in or out of contract? - Ofcom

However, be aware that your information will also be available to other third parties so it is important not to click on any link in any message and do not agree to any deal from cold callers

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 124344 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@DavidMW 

Do you know if you are out of contract?

We're just customers like you but it sounds as if you need someone to access your account which can't be done from here

Give O2 a call on  202 or 0344 809 202 (Contract)  4445 or 0344 809 222 (PAYG)

Or you can message O2 on social media on Instagram https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW). 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 93344 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

From February 2020 providers have to inform you when you are out of the minimum term of your contract

So no need to worry, the text is advising you of such, though it's not necessarily from O2 

However, be aware that your information will also be available to other third parties so it is important not to click on any link in any message and do not agree to any deal from cold callers

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 147230 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

@DavidMW 

This is from the OFCOM website:

Companies must tell customers about their best deals

Our new rules mean phone, broadband and pay-TV companies must contact you between 10 and 40 days before your contract comes to an end. These alerts – sent by text, email or letter – must include:

• when your contract ends;
  • the price you’ve been paying until now, and what you’ll pay when your contract is up;
  • any notice period for leaving your provider; and
  • your provider’s best deals, including any prices only available to new customers.
  • details of other contracts that are taken as part of a bundle, including the end dates of any commitment periods for those contracts

If you choose to stay with your provider without signing up to a new contact, your provider must send you a reminder every year about the best deals available to you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4