Did you mean: 

Old/inactive account has blocked my email address

OnlyStringy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I was with O2 a long time ago (on a business contract) but left for Vodafone c.10 years ago(ish). The email address I used at the time was my personal one, even though it was a business contract. 

Last year I came back to O2 but when I set up my account in store, I was told I couldn't use my personal email address as it was linked to an inactive account. I was asked for a different email address but seeing as I only have one personal address, I had to give my work email address. Not great, but OK, I get it.

Recently my employers have been getting tetchy about "non-work" emails coming in to our work accounts so I want to change my email address registered with O2 over to my personal one. I thought if it was still linked to the old inactive O2 account I could log in somehow and delete it or whatever but when I try and log in or reset the password I get a "your account is not active" message. But when I try to change the address to my personal email, I get "the email address is already registered".

Surely, in the current climate of people switching providers to get the best deal and keeping email addresses for "life", there is a process for not having to provide a brand new email address every time?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

This is usually something only business customer services can assist you with unfortunately, @OnlyStringy.

Business Customer Service Numbers (free to call)

From your O2 mobile8002Free
From a landline0800 977 7337Free
From abroad+44 808 100 4439Free

You will need to call them on any of the numbers above for business customers and keep trying.

As Service might be patchy, one of the Forum Advisors on today may be able to help further: @O2Georgina or @O2KyleW tagged - watch this space, @OnlyStringy - good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

This is usually something only business customer services can assist you with unfortunately, @OnlyStringy.

Business Customer Service Numbers (free to call)

From your O2 mobile8002Free
From a landline0800 977 7337Free
From abroad+44 808 100 4439Free

You will need to call them on any of the numbers above for business customers and keep trying.

As Service might be patchy, one of the Forum Advisors on today may be able to help further: @O2Georgina or @O2KyleW tagged - watch this space, @OnlyStringy - good luck.

Message 2 of 3

OnlyStringy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @pgn . Sounds like a business/personal account crossover challenge which is what I suspected when I thought about it. I'll give them a call. Thanks again.

Message 3 of 3