Did you mean: 

Old Orange > new O2 phone number mix-up blocking access to My O2 online account

JayKay
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi! Help

I migrated my old Orange number to this O2 phone and PAYG account over a year ago without a problem. I'm a low user, so have only topped up once with a voucher bought at a motorway outlet since then. I now have tried to log on to the website to top up online (via laptop, not via phone which is set to 2G only). Finally managed to log on with help from O2 help chat at second attempt, HOWEVER, they were able to tell me the phone is still linked to the original O2 number, not the one I use. hushed scream I can "sign on" but not use any of the functions such as top up, etc. without access to that old number. disappointed 

Does anyone know how I should procede? I'm waiting for the guy from 4445 to call back about these issues, but not sure he will. I don't have the PIN or the PUK with me, so afraid of switching off/switching on and anyhow... I've been using the phone for over a year without any issues.

Thanks if you can shed a light on this problem! hugging

JK Feedback

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@JayKay 

You'll have to hang on for customer service as no one here works for O2 or has access to your account.

Possibly, @EmilieT might be able to assist you tomorrow though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

JayKay
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 Thanks for your reply. Is it normal to have to "sign in" whenever posting/replying to these community messages? Seems to me there is a rather over zealous approach around here! 😞 

Cheers

Jay

Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You get logged out after a certain time period, for security reasons, I guess.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

JayKay
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
OK. Thanks. I was doing other things, but if that is your experience... High end user, you must know! LOL!
Message 5 of 8

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @JayKay, and welcome to the forum Wave

You mentioned you were waiting for a callback, has that happened since you last posted? I'm not sure what Customer Service did for you but in case they're investigating already we might not be able to do much more on our end. However I'll send you a Private Message on the forum now to get some more details and check slight_smile

Thanks @MI5 for the mention!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 8

JayKay
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @EmilieT Handshake

Thank you. Being new, I don't rightly know how to access personal messages... Will look shortly.

No, I've not received a call back from the young man I spoke to yesterday. 😞 

Cheers

JayKay

Message 7 of 8

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @JayKay, I've just replied to your Private Message now, thanks a lot for coming back to me so quickly smiley I've passed it all on to our gurus and will be in touch as soon as I have more information from them!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 8