Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 app - name labels

MsMog
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi - recently updated the MyO2 app on iPhone and was wondering if there was anywhere to change the various phone numbers on my account to names?
I have my kids phones on my o2 account as I set them up and pay the bills. This means I have multiple phone numbers in the My O2 app. The old app allowed me to change the way each one displayed on the home page to a name rather than a number - I had each one labelled with my kids name or mine so it was easy to find whose data, bill etc I was looking at.
In the new app I’ve just got a list of mobile numbers - I can still find who is who it’s just not as easy as when I could name them. Hopefully the ability to change the label hasn’t been removed as I found it really useful and I bet others would too (even if it was Work, Personal etc rather than people).
Anyone know if it’s still possible??
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

There is no way to change details on Android with the new app though I don't think there was on the old app.

Perhaps @Marjo can feed this back to the developers?

Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@MsMog 

Certainly if you login on a pc or by using desktop view on phone you can edit by tapping the little pencil symbol next to the device name. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

MsMog
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The app used to have the same feature but this option seems to have gone and all the labels I had in all past versions of the app have disappeared...

I just wondered if there was a different way of doing it in the updated app or if this option is now gone?
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I can't see anywhere in the app now to do this.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

SharrieB
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I used to have labels on my numbers too.  This was so much easier to see whos bill I was looking at as I have 3 different numbers on my account for myself and family.  I can no longer see anyway to do this on either the app or on the website via pc.  Is there a way to get this back please.

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@SharrieB 

On PC website only now.

Click the pencil to edit.

myo2.JPG

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
If you change/add the name does that pull through to the app @MI5?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
If you change/add the name does that pull through to the app @MI5?

It does on mine @gmarkj 

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

Cas1951
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone know whether there is any other way to change name label in o2 account for an android device?

The information on this thread I think must be obsolete as I cannot see any pencil icon either in the app or in my account on the website. Tried in different browsers, and the same.

Thanks for any advice and hope everyone here is staying safe and well during this horrible lockdown time.

Carole slight_smile

PS I've accidentally added a "spoiler" here. Sorry can't get it off, don't know what it's supposed to be for.................. later OK IT'S GONE smiley

Message 10 of 10