Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel Charges

tyresmoke
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have recently been charged £5 every day for O2 travel. I am working in Hong Kong but my dual-sim phone's primary account is a Hong Kong pay monthly account.  I have not called or messaged the UK or received any calls or messages from the UK, so I'm shocked to have received these charges. I am regularly in Hong Kong with exactly the same phone, sim cards and phone settings, so I really don't know what's going on. Please cancel and refund all of these charges!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10703 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3105 Solutions

@tyresmoke 

Do you have something such as WhatsApp or iMessage or VVM linked to your o2 number, as the apps will be sending background SMS, hence you are been charged the daily allowance. 

Unfortunately when you agree to the permissions to these apps they do things like that. 

o2 only pass on charges it receives from the HK networks, and they have seen your o2 sim connect so unfortunately, you will have to pay the charges. 

If you need help in paying them then you can contact the Payment Management team using Guide: A Guide to Skype  on 0800 902 0217

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10703 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3105 Solutions

@tyresmoke 

Do you have something such as WhatsApp or iMessage or VVM linked to your o2 number, as the apps will be sending background SMS, hence you are been charged the daily allowance. 

Unfortunately when you agree to the permissions to these apps they do things like that. 

o2 only pass on charges it receives from the HK networks, and they have seen your o2 sim connect so unfortunately, you will have to pay the charges. 

If you need help in paying them then you can contact the Payment Management team using Guide: A Guide to Skype  on 0800 902 0217

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

tyresmoke
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No messaging apps are linked to my O2 account... I'm talking to someone at O2 on the phone now so hopefully they can explain...

Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7152 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

@tyresmoke wrote:

No messaging apps are linked to my O2 account... I'm talking to someone at O2 on the phone now so hopefully they can explain...

The surest way not to connect on my dual SIM phone is to use the SIM manager to turn off the SIM completely.

I've done that on a couple of occasions in the past

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93343 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions