Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

HelsH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For over 3 weeks now our mobile signal in Marshwood Vale has been non-existent. It used to be almost perfect and as O2 (and their piggbackers) is the only 4G we can receive both indoors and outdoors it is essential. Broadband and Fibre are not stable enough to be provided where we live. Having raised a complaint with our providers and O2 as soon as the service went down, we were told that there was a problem and that engineers were working to fix it. 2 days ago we were told it was fixed. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. It is certainly not fixed. The O2 coverage checker has changed today to say that there is an issue. It seems as though the mast that we get our signal from has either broken or been removed. I would just like an honest answer to when will our service be back up and running as before? Ofcom say that providers should give a date for when problems will be fixed. We have never been given a date. I know our neighbours are also having the same issues so it’s not just us and our devices…

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149981 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@HelsH 

O2 never give timescales for repairs.

The only updates you can get are here O2 Service Status 

You can report issues through the My Network app. https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149981 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@HelsH 

O2 never give timescales for repairs.

The only updates you can get are here O2 Service Status 

You can report issues through the My Network app. https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8131 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

Operators can only give an estimate as when things will be fixed. Too many variables. Even if they can get early access (not always a given) till they get on site they don't necessarily know what they might find. Some major parts may need sourcing from supplies. And things like getting computer chips is like finding tomatoes in the supermarket at the moment.

Ad you talk about providers I guess you are on one of O2's MNVOs and not O2 direct.

If O2 is the only network in your area perhaps you and the people can ask why? 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3