Did you mean: 

No security code sent when logging in

gillrc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

When trying to log in to MyO2  via a web browser I don't receive the warning text or the securtity code. The page says "We've sent a code to..." but my number doesn't appear.  Everything is ok via the app, I get securtity texts if I make a change on the app e.g. add a delegate. It's just via the web. Thanks if anyone can help.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38267 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

@gillrc  - Note there are some issues with the web version currently, partly due to load on O2's servers during the Apple iPhone pre-ordering. That said, normally, when the code is sent, you get the option, if more than one number is present, to select the number you want the SMS to be sent to.

If this is not happening, despite the correct number being selected, try the tips here Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) and meantime see if the MyO2 app lets you get into your account - then check your details to confirm the correct number is registered. You can also add a second number if it helps, as here: 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/My-O2/OTP-OTAC-to-Log-in-to-MyO2/m-p/1719280/highlight/true#M26283

(Screenshots in there are from Web version of MyO2, this section in the app should work as well, from Account at foot of screen, then the easy-to-miss View all details from the next screen!)

pgn_0-1726388509377.png

Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11465 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@gillrc 

Sometimes you need to go upto the address bar and click enter to get it to send out the code, this is usually a thing with Safari...

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 6

gillrc
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn 

Thanks for your reply. There is no option to select any number and the field is blank as per attached screenshot.  If I try and edit my account via the app I get the warning text and the code text ok. It's just that my number doesn't appear in the field on the web.  It used to be ok.

Screenshot 2024-09-15 at 09.26.35.png

Message 4 of 6

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38267 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Things are a bit weird this weekend generally, so you may find it stabilizes early next week @gillrc 

If you need help from O2, use Social Media, any one of the links below will get them:

Good luck!

Message 5 of 6

gillrc
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for you replies

Message 6 of 6