Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New upgrade

jayemon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
2 weeks ago I upgraded to the iPhone 12. My tariff on my o2 still shows my old pay monthly with 4gb data for old price yet now I should have 5gb for new price. I’m worried I’m going to get charged for old tariff instead of new one?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@jayemon 

The phone type takes ages to update, but your tariff should have been done immediately, so I'd give customer service a call to check.

Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
Or advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@jayemon 

Is that the only tariff showing or do you have two?

Maybe you didn't upgrade and instead, took a new contract?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

jayemon
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah only tariff showing. I’m confident that I upgraded as it told me on the app that I could upgrade now for free so I followed that process. Maybe it doesn’t show until my contract was going to end in December but obviously it lets you upgrade a month early?
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@jayemon 

That's OK then.

Your MyO2 won't usually update until your new phone is dispatched to you.

Do you have the phone yet?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

jayemon
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I got my phone 2 weeks ago the day after I upgraded. My account still shows that I’m on the iPhone X as well instead of 12.
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@jayemon 

The phone type takes ages to update, but your tariff should have been done immediately, so I'd give customer service a call to check.

Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
Or advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6