Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New "Extra" Disney + not valid!!

Sheriff67
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I got a free extra when joining O2 and added 6 months of Disney plus. All Good.

I then upgraded my contract and was offered another extra. As my existing one didn't expire until middle of September I delayed choosing one. I then got an email saying I had 7 days left to choose so I went and added Disney plus again - nothing indicated that wasn't possible. But it hasn't changed my expiry date. 😞

Called O2 and was told I couldn't have two identical extras running at the same time, sorry. Couldn't refund/reactivate my new extra as I'd redeemed it, which is surely ridiculous. Having the extras isn't the main reason I chose this O2 package but it was part of the decision. Am now tied in again without one of the benefits I'm paying for. There must be some way O2 can fix this?

The system must be smart enough to know what you're about to choose isn't valid?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Waqas
Former Staff
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Thank you for the tag @MI5 

@Sheriff67 I will send you a private and we will have a look at this further for you 

Thanks 

signature

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Sheriff67  I'm sorry but it's all a question of timing. You can't have two extras running at the same time unless you pay for one. You have 28 days to redeem the extra. So if you upgraded over 28 days before your old extra expired then you would have lost out I'm afraid. 

I upgraded my sim only contract on the day my Disney expired. I then added the new extra the following day and the process was seamless.

You could try ringing O2 again in the hope you get someone who is a bit more lenient. Other than that, you will have to pay for it or not have it at all.

Guide: Adding and removing O2 Extras  

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Sheriff67
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Cleoriff,

I may try again, it just seems a little poor of O2 to not warn you that you're about to choose something that they won't honour. Either put clear warnings about duplicating extras or reject the adding of the extra or don't present it as an option! I now need to add Calm Premium to help me calm down 🙂

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Sheriff67 

You didn't have to choose and redeem at the same time.

You have 28 days to choose then a further 28 days to redeem.

Good luck with customer service and I'll ask @O2Waqas to see if there is anything that can be done for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

O2Waqas
Former Staff
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Thank you for the tag @MI5 

@Sheriff67 I will send you a private and we will have a look at this further for you 

Thanks 

signature
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Sheriff67 

You didn't have to choose and redeem at the same time.

You have 28 days to choose then a further 28 days to redeem.

Good luck with customer service and I'll ask @O2Waqas to see if there is anything that can be done for you.

Yes, I realise that. The problem is (in relation to the *28 days to choose*) @Sheriff67 didn't wait for said 28 days, they chose and then redeemed it early and this is the problem. Anyway I hope it can be sorted.

PS @Sheriff67  I'm smiling about the Calm Premium. I'm afraid you would have to pay for that. 🤣

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Sheriff67
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff@MI5  - I don't remember an option to activate/redeem after choosing the extra - maybe I just clicked automatically.

Message 7 of 9

O2Waqas
Former Staff
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@MI5 I can confirm this query has been resolved

Thanks 

signature
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

Thanks @O2Waqas 👍

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9