Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account/sim only

Phoebe22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve been under a contract for the last 2 years under my mums account, but I am going to be buying a new phone soon and I want to start paying for my own sim only plan which means so need to come off my mum account, but can I have my own account whilst keeping the same number/sim?? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147395 Posts
  • 637 Topics
  • 28316 Solutions

@Phoebe22 

Yes. Get your own new contract then call O2 to migrate your number Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23588 Posts
  • 1037 Topics
  • 3750 Solutions

@Phoebe22 Keep in mind that taking out a new contract in your name will require that you go through a credit check. If that goes through okay then you can migrate your number to your new account.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12406 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1151 Solutions

Your mum would also need to be involved in the call to move the number as she has to approve the transfer @Phoebe22 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 4