Did you mean: 

Name change on online account

Maryam3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have been trying get my name changed on the app and on my online account. 

I had called a couple of weeks back to get this changed. The customer service representative said that I could try and delete the account and create a new one, although they weren’t sure if it would work. They mentioned that you have to be inactive on your account for the details to be deleted at the backend. 

I tried deleting the account, but its linked to the same email id.

The other option they mentioned was to get a new contract. Surely there must be a better way to make this change. 

Hoping for a positive response.

Thanks,

Maryam

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147141 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28295 Solutions

@Maryam3 

You can only change your name due to marriage or deed poll.

You need to send the form in from here https://www.o2.co.uk/sites/default/files/2018-01/change_of_name_form.pdf

Any other reason requires a new contract to be taken in the name of the person to be named on the account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147141 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28295 Solutions

@Maryam3 

You can only change your name due to marriage or deed poll.

You need to send the form in from here https://www.o2.co.uk/sites/default/files/2018-01/change_of_name_form.pdf

Any other reason requires a new contract to be taken in the name of the person to be named on the account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2