cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myo2 9.0.0 iOS 11.4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today the latest update for the myo2 app in iOS 11 has seen a massive facelift. A new fresh UI replaces the old stagnant myo2 & you can now check everything from the home screen of the app & then go into more detail in the different sub sections. With this facelift, it seems like a good thing as this is the app I use most compared to the new O2 Ask which I primarily downloaded for over WiFi texts & more in detailed information on my account but with this myo2 facelift I may just delete O2 Ask as myo2 suffices my needs 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

I’m loving the newApp i have to be honest.  Looks fresh and modern and very fast.

From my experience and still to this date, I believe it’s one of the best mobile apps out there from the U.K. networks. It’s clean, simple to use.  Everything is at your fingertips and very Logical. To me a lot of business cram it with features and forget the logic what the app was intended for 

Tesco’s and BT mobile apps are pretty good too. There also easy and straight forward to use.

The o2 Ask app however falls into the no Logic category. the interface is clumsy, slow and just looks rubbish.  I know it will get better, but the MY O2 app is so much better and easier to use. They could have expanded that one and just scrapped all the cost involved with o2 Ask to be honest. Again what’s the logic having 2 apps, create one really good one, not 1 good one and 1 not so good. More Money to waist

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 16

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for your comments about the app update guys! Much appreciated @Anonymous, @darrengf!

If anyone else has tried the app since the update last week, please do let us know what you think too. slight_smile

Message 3 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @jonsie I can check if I can get any information on this to share. slight_smile

Message 5 of 16

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey all, thanks for your feedback and in particular, questions around the Android update (@jonsie). We’re happy to say the My O2 Android update is being worked on to bring the same features and redesign to it. It’s currently in development and will require extensive testing to make sure it works as expected across as many devices and Android software versions as possible, but we are hopeful for a summer release.

Once things progress and we’re closer to a release date, we’ll let you guys know.

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update @Marjo

Message 7 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Hey all, thanks for your feedback and in particular, questions around the Android update (@jonsie). We’re happy to say the My O2 Android update is being worked on to bring the same features and redesign to it. It’s currently in development and will require extensive testing to make sure it works as expected across as many devices and Android software versions as possible, but we are hopeful for a summer release.

Once things progress and we’re closer to a release date, we’ll let you guys know.

Summer...? We get a summer this year? Or have we just had it....? rainbow

Message 8 of 16

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @jonsie, @Anonymous. I've just received confirmation that Android 9.0.1 has been published and should be visible soon! Please let me know once you have updated and if you have any issues. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Martin-O2 I’m on iOS & we’ve had the new look app for a little while now. I don’t like the fact that the latest update they rolled out the other day where it now doesn’t show how much is left on our device plans 

Message 10 of 16