Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyO2 Error?

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

I have had this a few times now, I'm reading the O2 Community and then click on the "My O2" link at the top of the screen. The resulting page then keeps flashing "This page isn't working" with an error "too many redirects".

Using Windows 10 / Microsoft Edge.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dgilbert2
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Thanks @pgn  your tip works (but not if doing it a second time).

It should'nt be this hard.

Firefox though continues to work fine, so I'll use that for O2 for now.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dgilbert2 Try using a different browser 

Message 2 of 12

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Or if you (screenshot below for Chrome on a PC) set your browser to clear selected cookies related to O2 every time you close it down, then "Sign in" to O2 at the top level first and navigate to the Community pages second, things kinda work better...

20**Personal info** 09_27_41-Settings.png

No idea what the equivalent is with Edge, though, sorry @dgilbert2.

Message 3 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I have the same issue and have reported it many times but O2 don't believe there is anything wrong.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
I have the same issue and have reported it many times but O2 don't believe there is anything wrong.

They never do. Remember how long it took & how many times I  reported the issue I was having with my contract preferences. Took months before it was fixed

Message 5 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I've given up with it now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 12

pgn
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@dgilbert2

Any joy?

Here's a post I did aeons ago for Chrome to help point you into the depths of Edge, if not completely over the edge... scream

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android/Clearing-O2-cookies-in-Chrome-on-Android/td-p/1077704

Tracking down a discussion on a Microsoft thread, I see it may not be possible to selectively clear cookies on exit in Edge:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_internet-insider_spartan-insiderplat_pc/ho...

20**Personal info** 12_09_51-How to view and manage cookies in Microsoft Edge_ - Microsoft Community.png

Message 7 of 12

dgilbert2
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

@Anonymous  Have also tried Chrome, but that's the same. Just trying Firefox as an experiment at the moment but that's all rather unused, ie no cookies around yet, and is currently working.

Its seems to be forever calling up https://www.o2.co.uk/myo2  and then www.o2.co.uk/myo2, getting its knickers in a twist.

Will see how Firefox goes for awhile.

Message 8 of 12

dgilbert2
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

@pgn  thanks for the clearing cookie advice. I have updated Chrome settings as per your post and now, as you indicated, when I exit Chrome and re-open, it asks for O2 login details again. I therefore assume I have that part working as per your instructions.

BUT, I still get the error when clicking on My O2 upside_down

Message 9 of 12

pgn
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Aha, there's a catch there too, @dgilbert2:

Sign-on right up at the top, towards the left side of the screen...

20**Personal info** 17_17_10-O2 _ Mobile Phones, Mobile Broadband and Sim Only Deals on O2.png

Signing into the Community first always throws that weird error for me - using the "Sign in" shown above then lets you flip between Community and MyO2 with ease.

If the "View and Download Bills" bit doesn't work, close down Chrome, then sign in as above and go to My O2 *first*, then down into Bill detail and "View and Download my bills".... Community also works from that point either via the Help menu at top of page or from the "Help home" section down at the foot of the page.

Message 10 of 12