Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My02 won't take my payment

Oleveroni
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So my Payment is due on the 20th of each month. I tried to pay off my bill early through My02 on the 14th. The funds were marked pending by my bank however they were not taken by 02. 02 never took the funds and the money bounced back to my account today on the 22nd. since then they have tried to direct debit my account and i didnt have enough because as explained above I'd already paid. So today I tried again, same thing happened. I've called 02 customer service 3 times and they've been absolutely useless. I'm about to be cut off and charged late fees over a bill I've tried to pay TWICE and no one can help. Absolute shambles 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Oleveroni See all ways to pay here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-Pay-Your-Bill-Contract/ba-p/1014090 

You could always pop in to your local O2 shop to pay too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Oleveroni
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The issue is that the funds have been allocated by my bank, so I can't touch them until 7 days is over by which time 02 will have cut me off and charged me over a problem with their website. 

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you asked your bank to release the funds back to you?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Oleveroni
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah I have, unfortunately they're locked for 7 days each times 

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
OK, not sure if there is anything that can be done but I'll ask @Martin-O2 to take a look for you.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Only O2 can release the funds and that would be by faxing the bank to say they wouldn't be taking the funds and to cancel the authorisation. Very messy and trying to get O2 to do that would take days.

Do you have a family member who could pay the bill and you pay them back?

The golden rule is never to make a manual payment without 6 working days clearance before the direct debit is due to be taken.

Message 7 of 10

Oleveroni
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I appreciate your help, I will have to ask my partner to front me on this occasion 

Message 8 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Cheers for the mention @MI5 ! 

@Oleveroni  I can ask one of our guru team to take a look at this one for you and hopefully avoid you getting cut off. I'll need a few details so I'll send you a private message so we can talk further. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 10

heatherp6
  • 40 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
we had this will ALL payments made in May,yet o2 refuse to accept the blame for it
Message 10 of 10