Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My o2 app issue

Migsy1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How do I remove a red number 1 symbol in my support section in my o2 app even though I don’t have a notification in the app
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Migsy1

Have you checked in Aura and see if there message waiting for you in their.

If not it could be a notification alert is stuck, so one option is to uninstall the app and then reinstall it and see if it is their.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 10

Migsy1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't seem to have aura as I am on pay as you go and I have tried to delete app and reinstall but no luck

Message 3 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Migsy1 

Is there not a red dot next to one of the sections when you tap in the support tab?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Migsy1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No it’s just a red dot on the support tab and when u go into it there is nothing
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Migsy1 

I would next find the app in the phone settings and clear cache and data to see if that resets it. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Migsy1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You can’t clear individual app cache on a iPhone
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Migsy1 

Didn't know you had an iPhone, but you can clear cache on individual apps by deleting them in a specific way (not by pressing and holding the app).

1: Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage. Scroll down to the list of apps and tap on one that you want to clear.

2: Next, tap Delete App. Tap Delete App again to confirm.

3: If you want to reinstall the app (without the documents and data you’ve just deleted), go to the App Store and reinstall it.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Migsy1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have tried that in the exact way u suggest but with no luck
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

I am at a loss as to why then @Migsy1 

However, @olivertwist2007 had the same issue here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/My-O2/O2-App-Support-Notification-won-t-go/m-p/1377645 so not sure if he ever solved it or not as there was no solution on the thread.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10