Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My bill

Demari
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
On my bill it states that I paid for wahoo London limte but I don’t know what this is. How do I contact O2 to sort this problem
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Demari if you wish to, you can add yourself to the petition we have running to stop these charges here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/Premium-rate-services-petition-to-O2/td-p/118...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Demari wrote:
On my bill it states that I paid for wahoo London limte but I don’t know what this is. How do I contact O2 to sort this problem

@Demari

It sounds as though you are the victim of a 'Payforit' scam. These companies use vulnerabilities of the 'Payforit' system to obtain consumers numbers and sign them up to bogus subscriptions. Simply closing an innocent looking popup can pass your number to these scammers.

As you will find, O2 appear to have a policy of not helping members affected by these scams, so you will have to take action yourself to stop the charges and obtain a refund.

'Payforit' charges are applied directly to your account by a 'third party' which has acquired your phone number. O2 make no check that you have consented to these charges. O2 will allow you to place a 'charge to bill' bar on your account which will prevent you being signed up to these scams in the future.

You need to be aware that O2 leak your phone number to third parties when you access the internet using mobile data, and this is probably how your number was acquired in order to make these charges. The system which does this is called 'Payforit'.

Comprehensive and independent information and advice on dealing with these scams is on the payforitsucks website. Google "payforitsucks" or follow the link to the faq in my signature. The website contains detailed advice on the steps you need to take to stop further charges, obtain a refund and protect yourself from these scams in the future.

I hope you manage to resolve this matter. These scams are a disgrace to the mobile communications industry and O2 should be doing more to assist affected customers and to protect customers from these scams.

Paul 

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 4 of 4