Did you mean: 

My O2 username changes

2frustrated
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all

I recently changed my username from an old email address to a new email address which all works fine.

If I click on forgotton password link and enter my old email address, I still get an email to my old email asking me to reset my password. Surely this should not be possible?

2frustrated

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@2frustrated I've received a response to this question. 

When you select an option to reset My O2 username/password via email it will allow to enter any email address (valid or not).

Any email address you can possibly type will give you a confirmation: ‘We've sent you an email to example@o2.com'. 

Using this option you can enter your old email address however you won't be able to reset the password from the sent link unless the email is the same one as your sign in email and you will get the following message - ‘We are unable to proceed with recovering your account. Please contact Customer Services to recover your account details'

I hope that makes sense but if not please let me know. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I can't see why it shouldn't be possible but it shouldn't be doing it.
Have you verified your new email address by clicking the link to prove the email is correct?
If you have it will be one for @Marjo or @Martin-O2 to look into for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

2frustrated
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, my new address has been verified. I will PM @Marjo or @Martin-O2 to see what they say.
Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They will see the tags and contact you tomorrow with the questions needed to help you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @2frustrated I've received and replied to your message. Get back to me when you have a minute. wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 5 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@2frustrated I've received a response to this question. 

When you select an option to reset My O2 username/password via email it will allow to enter any email address (valid or not).

Any email address you can possibly type will give you a confirmation: ‘We've sent you an email to example@o2.com'. 

Using this option you can enter your old email address however you won't be able to reset the password from the sent link unless the email is the same one as your sign in email and you will get the following message - ‘We are unable to proceed with recovering your account. Please contact Customer Services to recover your account details'

I hope that makes sense but if not please let me know. wink

signature

Message 6 of 7

2frustrated
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great!

Thanks for clearing this up Martin!

Message 7 of 7