Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

My O2

Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 

Re: My O2 app updated?

@SamsungFanBoy wrote:
Mine says 9.3.1 last updated 27 November 2018. My friends says 10.8.29 last updated 3 July 2019... How strange that the S8 gets the updated app before the S10!

Just checked and I am on 9.3.1 as well.

Wonder if it is Android related - I am still on 8.0.0 with 1 Jan 2019 security patch (yep, really, LG are pants at the update thing - only thing I hate about them!)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Topics: 757

@gmarkj wrote:

@SamsungFanBoy wrote:
Mine says 9.3.1 last updated 27 November 2018. My friends says 10.8.29 last updated 3 July 2019... How strange that the S8 gets the updated app before the S10!

Just checked and I am on 9.3.1 as well.

Wonder if it is Android related - I am still on 8.0.0 with 1 Jan 2019 security patch (yep, really, LG are pants at the update thing - only thing I hate about them!)

@gmarkj  Have you looked in Playstore at the option to update? That's what I did this morning and it updated mine to the version rolled out on July 3rd. 10.8.29. I have a Note 8

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker

@Cleoriff wrote:

@gmarkj  Have you looked in Playstore at the option to update? That's what I did this morning and it updated mine to the version rolled out on July 3rd. 10.8.29. I have a Note 8

Yeah, opened Play store to get the version number this morning.

What version of Android are you on @Cleoriff ? Bet that is something to do with it...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

@gmarkj wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Yeah, opened Play store to get the version number this morning.

What version of Android are you on @Cleoriff ? Bet that is something to do with it...

I'm on 8.0 @gmarkj . I have another update pending to Pie. I just haven't installed it yet...wink

*The Game Is On*

Well that sucks @Cleoriff!

O2 Social Media Team

Hey all,

Sorry for any confusion but there's nothing to worry about. It's all related to this thread I shared a few months back. We paused that update while we ironed out a few kinks, but it has been re-started now and we hope to see it reach full saturation for Android users by around the end of July.

So to be clear, it's a staggered roll-out with the numbers/deployment run by Google (so we have no real control over who gets it, when), so over the next few weeks some of you may have this new version while some of you are on the older one - but by the end of the month once we've hit full saturation, you should all be on the latest version.

PS. The iOS update is also coming, though the deployment date for that is TBC - we'll keep you posted.

Hi. I'm from the Social Media Team.

There you go then... I am one of the lucky ones wink

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 577
Solutions: 4,091

Topics: 56
Kudos: 104
Solutions: 5