Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My O2 app has an old number attached to it which no longer exists

Customer395
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I transferred my phone number from a different provider a year ago, but on My O2 app is still the original number that came with the SIM which no longer exists. Meaning, I cannot login to my O2 account on a new device because it keeps sending the code to that old number which doesn’t even exist anymore. At the time, the phone number did change to the transferred number, but I’ve noticed now it reverted back to that old number for some reason. What should I do please? Thank you in advance. 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7822 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

The App is a mess. 

Log in on a device that gives you access and go to Manage your Account and then Manage Personal Details and make sure you make your phone number the one you want to use.

I actually use my wife's number so I can still get in to MyO2 if I break or loose my phone!

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7822 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

The App is a mess. 

Log in on a device that gives you access and go to Manage your Account and then Manage Personal Details and make sure you make your phone number the one you want to use.

I actually use my wife's number so I can still get in to MyO2 if I break or loose my phone!

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2