cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My O2 access, cant be switched from PAYG to Pay Monthly!?

rigby44
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I'm having the most bizarre tussle with O2 at the moment, and I'm sure I cant be the only person to have had this problem.

I had a PAYG contract with O2 for several years, but last week decided I needed to upgrade my phone, so took out a Pay Monthly contract with O2.

Now the contract is setup and the new handset delivered, I wanted to setup My O2 to keep track of billing dates/allowance use etc. To my amazement it appears that O2 cannot switch My O2 account so that I can continue logging in with my email address. They suggest that the email address cannot be reused and that I should create a new email address purely for this purpose!!

Cant believe my ears, surely this happens alot. I've spoken to two members of staff in South Africa who struggled with the notion, and now I have to wait 3-5 days for the 'back office' team to pick up the case.

Has anyone else had to go through this madness!?

Many thanks in advance

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@rigby44 

We have heard that to be the case before unfortunately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@rigby44 

We have heard that to be the case before unfortunately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

rigby44
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, but that is just astonishing in this day and age. This isn't some two-bit ecommerce website we are talking about here!

Why they cannot simply remove any history of my email address from their database, and allow me to use it again to setup My O2 on my new contract, I have no idea!

So do you think my options will boil down to:

1) Setup a new email address purely for use with MyO2 - utterly crazy!!

2) No access to MyO2 through the duration of my contract

Thanks

Ian

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@rigby44 

I agree, it is bizarre!

What you could try is to set up a new email address to register the new account with and then change it back to the one you use once you have the account set up.

This will save you having to monitor another email address.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

rigby44
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks mate, but they wont allow that. My email address is locked to the PAYG account, and forever the case will be apparently.

Wish I'd gone with Vodafone now 😞

Message 5 of 5