Did you mean: 

My Device in my02 has previous device (Model/IMEI) attached to it, can't update

marianne013
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I've been trying to register my new phone with O2 WiFi so I can use the WiFi on TfL. It keeps telling me I need to sign up to O2 WIfi and that it would send me a text "to this device". Except it doesn't.

When I found "my device" in the depths of the myO2 app, it showed my previous phone and no way to update it (just setting the name of the phone to my new phone next to the phone number inf my device doe *not* update this). I bought my new phone through O2 and they are billing me for it correctly.

Any ideas ?

I tried the help pages, but noone will talk to me.

Marianne

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149555 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@marianne013 

You'll have to call customer service to change the phone details.

You can't do it yourself Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 149555 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@marianne013 

You'll have to call customer service to change the phone details.

You can't do it yourself Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

marianne013
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, apparently I am only supposed to call for "urgent" matters. And they hide the phone number really well. And the live chat is busy - which I don't understand, they should be able to work from home.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 149555 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@marianne013 

Numbers are in the guide I gave you above.

say you want to upgrade and they will answer your call.

Message 4 of 4