Did you mean: 

Moving from Virgin mobile

Loosecanons
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Happy New Year, 

As many of you know Virgin and O2 have merged. 

I have a Virgin mobile sim only monthly contract together with Virgin media , broadband etc.

When I call Virgin to enquire about my tariff options I get mixed messages. Virgin offer me "exclusive" 12 month O2 sim only deals encouraging me to transfer yet when I am transferred to O2 customer services I get a different story and different offers. Does anyone know what is on offer? 

I plan to go on holiday to Australia soon and am told by customer services I can an use an O2 sim for free if I use Virgin broadband.  I cannot see that written anywhere.

Is that true or what is the best way to use my phone abroad?

Thank you 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@Loosecanons 

Volt benefits give you O2 Travel Inclusive which is free use abroad (with some T&C's)

Some details in the following guides to help you.

Volt Megaguide 

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@Loosecanons 

Volt benefits give you O2 Travel Inclusive which is free use abroad (with some T&C's)

Some details in the following guides to help you.

Volt Megaguide 

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7347 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 1606 Solutions

Be careful at what Virgin promise. The SIM is not free. You are in contract with O2 and pay them separately through a different DD.

It should be that the price Virgin Quote is the two payments combined, but experience tells us this is not always the case.

They also don't tell you that you can take out a broadband contract and source your O2 SIM elsewhere. That's what I did.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3